Dentures are oral appliances used by patients who have lost most or all of their teeth. They are removable prosthetics that look exactly like the natural teeth, thereby restoring both oral functionality and aesthetics. However, they do have certain drawbacks such as poor fitting, slipping off while talking, breaking or cracking on impact, discomfort, etc. These factors have led to the development of a better way of restoring teeth, All-on-4.
All-on-4 involves the placement of 4 implants on the ridge of a jawbone. The denture-like teeth restorations would
comfortably lie on these 4 implants, thereby providing superior anchorage, stability, functionality, and aesthetics. They are widely recommended by dentists from all around the world as one of the best replacement for conventional dentures.
Why should you choose All-on-4?
- The entire procedure can be completed in, as less as, one visit to the dentist’s office.
- Restoring an entire dental arch would require the fitting of just 4 implants to the jawbone. This results in a reduced treatment period as well as the healing period.
- In most cases of All-on-4 surgeries, a bone graft would not be required.
- Since the teeth are mounted on the implants, they stay very stable and wouldn’t slip away, as in the case of
- You wouldn’t have to use denture adhesives while mounting the teeth.
- The prosthetic teeth feel very comfortable in your mouth, almost as good as the natural teeth.
- You can bite and chew food like you normally do without having to worry about the teeth breaking or getting
- Your face would naturally start to look much fuller, thereby improving the appearance of your smile as well.
Call us at (262) 886-9440 or schedule an online appointment to know more about All-on-4.