Cosmetic dentistry is mainly intended towards improving the aesthetics of a person’s smile. It consists of certain procedures such as teeth whitening, oral cleaning, veneers, crowns, bridges, fillings, bonding, implants, gum grafting, etc. Most of these procedures not only aim at improving the appearance of the smile, but also the functionality of the mouth.
Popular cosmetic dental procedures
- Teeth whitening: Our teeth easily tend to stain when we consume a lot of colored foods, beverages, aerated
drinks, or when we do not brush the teeth properly. We can help to improve the color of your teeth using our
customized teeth whitening solutions. A whitening gel rich in hydrogen peroxide will be applied on the teeth, which helps to remove the stains off their surface.
- Implants: A gap between the teeth left by an extracted tooth can ruin the aesthetics of the smile. Dental implants
are regarded as the best way to restore missing teeth owing to their strength, stability, durability and amazing
- Veneers: Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that can be bonded to the surface of the teeth to improve their
appearance and to get rid of the surface imperfections such as wear, chipping, minor cracks, etc. The color,
translucency, and texture of the veneer can be matched exactly with that of the natural enamel.
- Crowns: Crowns are known as dental caps as they cover the entire surface of the teeth. They are used to restore
teeth that have undergone chipping, excessive wear, or fracture. Also, teeth that are weak due to a lack of
nourishment can be held intact using crowns.
- Bridges: Bridges are a common replacement for missing teeth. They will not be fitted to the jawbone as in the case of dental implants. Instead, they will be held in position by crowns on either side. Since they are made from
tooth-colored material, they would perfectly mimic the appearance of a real tooth.
- Fillings: Fillings are ceramic or composite restoratives that are used to bring back a badly decayed/chipped tooth to its original shape and contour. They offer perfect sealing, thereby preventing the re-infection of the cavity.
- Gum contouring: Gingivitis and periodontitis are two of the most severe gum diseases that can majorly upset the
oral health of an individual. They can cause gum receding and decay of tissues, putting the nearby teeth at risk as
well. We can get rid of the infected gums through laser therapy and graft healthy tissues to the receded area.
Why should you choose cosmetic dental procedures?
- The visual upgrade that cosmetic procedures can give your smile is just amazing. You would be able to confidently flaunt your smile every time you talk to people, go out on a date, pose for pictures, or while socializing with your
- Many of the treatment procedures also make your teeth stronger. Cosmetic procedures can be used to restore
cracked, chipped, weak, worn out, and missing teeth as well.
- Some of the restorations such as bridges and implants prevent the drifting of the teeth, thereby avoiding a change
in the facial shape.
- Procedures such as oral cleaning and gum contouring improve a person’s oral health along with improving the
Call us at (262) 886-9440 or schedule an online appointment to know more about cosmetic dentistry.